1. After expulsion of the placenta in a client who has six living children, an infusion of lactated ringer's solution with 10 units
2. Which type of lochia should the nurse expect to find in a client 2 days PP?
3. Which of the following circumstances is most likely to cause uterine atony and lead to PP hemorrhage?
4. During the 3rd PP day, which of the following observations about the client would the nurse be most likely to make?
5. Which of the following responses is most appropriate for a mother with diabetes who wants to breastfeed her infant but is concerned about the effects of breastfeeding on her health?
6. Which of the following complications is most likely responsible for a delayed postpartum hemorrhage?
7. What type of milk is present in the breasts 7 to 10 days PP?
8. A client is complaining of painful contractions, or afterpains, on postpartum day two. Which of the following conditions could increase the severity of afterpains?
9. A nurse is caring for a PP client with a diagnosis of DVT who is receiving a continuous intravenous infusion of heparin sodium. Which of the following laboratory results will the nurse specifically review to determine if an effective and appropriate dose of the heparin is being delivered?
10. A nurse performs an assessment on a client who is 4 hours PP. The nurse notes that the client has cool, clammy skin and is restless and excessively thirsty. The nurse prepares immediately to:
11. A PP client is being treated for DVT. The nurse understands that the client's response to treatment will be evaluated by regularly assessing the client for:
12. A PP nurse is providing instructions to a woman after delivery of a healthy newborn infant. The nurse instructs the mother that she should expect normal bowel elimination to return:
13. A nurse is preparing to perform a fundal assessment on a postpartum client. The initial nursing action in performing this assessment is which of the following?
14. A primiparous woman is in the taking-in stage of psychosocial recovery and adjustment following birth. The nurse, recognizing the needs of women during this stage, should:
15. Four hours after a difficult labor and birth, a primiparous woman refuses to feed her baby, stating that she is too tired and just wants to sleep. The nurse should:
16. Which measure would be least effective in preventing postpartum hemorrhage?
17. Bishop score includes all the followings EXCEPT:
18. Which of the following complications may be indicated by continuous seepage of blood from the vagina of a PP client, when palpation of the uterus reveals a firm uterus 1 cm below the umbilicus?
19. Which of the following factors might result in a decreased supply of breast milk in a PP mother?
20. A multigravid client diagnosed with a probable ruptured ectopic pregnancy is scheduled for emergency surgery. In addition to monitoring client's history, which of the following would the midwife assess.
21. After suction and evacuation of a complete hydatidiform mole, the 28-year-old multigravid client asks the midwife she can become pregnant again. The midwife would advise the client not to become pregnant again for at least which of the following time spans?
22. The cilia of the fallopian tube has the following function:
23.Hyperextension of the fetal head is found in:
24. Which of the following terms best describes the pelvic type of small posterior saggital diameter, convergent sidewalls, prominent ischial spines, and narrow pubic arch?
25. The second stage of labor involves: